Wednesday, August 27, 2008

No, I'm not going to be your monkey.


What is it about doing stand-up comedy in particular, as opposed to any other art form, that implies it is ok for people to demand that you tell them jokes on the spot anywhere, at any time? I'm not your monkey, people.

If there is any other art form or occupation where it is standard practice to immediately demand a demonstration then please, let me know. Though I'm pretty sure that people don't go up to doctors and say "Hey, you're a doctor? Well check my prostate then," or "Oh wow, your an artist? Then draw me a picture right now," or "Oh, you work in construction? Well then say something racist for me."

Now, before you get all excited, I'm not saying that all contruction workers are racists...though I am saying that all racists are construction workers.

1 comment:

ELO said...

why can't you just admit you have performance anxiety?

 
Add to Technorati Favorites
Blog Information Profile for Barras16