Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Cockburn? I guess not- tricky Canadians!


I was watching the Olympics last night and probably one of the best events I have ever seen, trampoline. A couple of competitors went by and it was time for the Canadian hopeful Karen Cockburn. As the name appeared I immaturely chuckled to myself and was ready to move on until the announcer pronounced her name. Karen Cockburn was being pronounced as Karen Cobert. Apparently in Canada if you have a hilariously embarrassing last name you can change the way it is said. I get it. Its Canadian and French. But I mean come on. We all know your real name Karen and we all laughed. Also, my friend John Smallballs should probably be taking notes and move to Canada asap.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites
Blog Information Profile for Barras16