Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Haircut in peace?


So maybe everyone else goes and gets their hair cut at the same place every time they need a trim. You've been friends with your barber since you were 4. You love nothing more than walking in and hanging around at the shop, laughing it up and talking about the good ole days. Great...for you. Am I the only one who hates talking with my barber? Personally, I have been switching up barbers for as long as I can remember. From high school, to college, to present day, there have been quite a few. Every time I go in, one thing stays them same. I dread the awkward and sometimes painful conversations that take place while getting your hair did. Not only is there usually some sort of loud buzzing machine next to your ear, the foreign barber usually has a thick accent which makes any casual conversation an exercise in translation. It ends up being me constantly nodding and smiling, or saying, "what?" while trying to keep my nod steady enough for him to compensate for. I propose we open a barber shop where you can check a "talk" or "no talk" box when you walk in. That way, I can finally get my haircut in peace. Who is with me?!

2 comments:

rebeccamarie said...

great, so now i'm gonna be the loser that comments on every single entry.

but i toooootally agree! it's even worse with girls because if you get highlights or something you can be sitting there for 2, yes 2 hours.

and i always always bring a book or a magazine so they get the point but it never works.

guys have it easy.

Danica Osborn said...

just came across your blog! so fun to see you and mike up to the same ol' antics...making me laugh!

i am with you on this one! worse still, is the last lady i went to ended up being the mom of some kid i dated in college one summer. now that was awkward.

keep the posts a-comin'!

 
Add to Technorati Favorites
Blog Information Profile for Barras16